Thursday, June 23, 2005

Something to Look Forward To

I haven't written for awhile because I've been travelling. After Seattle was a trip to Houston for my niece and nephew's 2-year-old birthday party, then Philadelphia for a new business pitch, and now I'm in New York for another new business pitch. I'm looking forward to being home this weekend.

And exciting news! I have a DATE on Friday!!! After not having any luck with eHarmony, I decided to try Match.com for a few months. I actually still had an inactive account with them from a short stint in 2001. It was interesting reading my descriptions of myself that I had written at that time. I'm in a different place now...more independent, more comfortable with myself.

I've been emailing back and forth with this guy, Chris. He's not originally from Dallas or Texas (a big plus in my book). He's 33, 6'2", a pharmaceutical sales rep, never married (but engaged once), and he's got a great sense of humor. We talked for the first time last night (while I was stuck in Chicago) and ended up talking for an hour. So far, everything seems good, so we agreed to meet for drinks and maybe dinner on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Good Luck in your date. I hope you guys have a good time.

Anonymous said...

Do I hear an echo in here?
Good luck in your date. I hope he's not a yob.

Unknown said...

What's a yob?

Dating sucks. Hope you have a good time. Hope there is at least one really good, hearty belly laugh between you. Those always mean something good.