Tuesday, June 07, 2005

You gotta kiss a lot of frogs...

After my exciting novel-reading Friday, last Saturday, I needed some company. I called a couple people, but no one was around, so I headed out solo to a bar in Addison that is trying to mimic an English pub. It actually made me "homesick" for a traditional English pub, where you can just sit and have a pint and chat with the locals. Really, I was just hoping for some conversation, and maybe a little harmless flirting!

This place was PACKED. I watched several people for awhile and saw a guy that seemed to be on his own. I noticed he was wearing cowboy boots with his jeans, and the bar was playing pretty classic rock. So I asked him if this was his type of music. He broke out in a charming grin and shook his head, "No, not really!"

We talked for a long time. He was cute, about 6 foot, brown hair, blue eyes. Something about him reminded me a little of my high school boyfriend, Shane. His name is Lance, he's 35, and he was sporting a sunburn from coaching 11-year-olds baseball earlier that day. I asked if he had a kid on the team, and he said no, no kids, and told me he was in the middle of a divorce. I can relate to that and told him so because he seemed embarrassed to have to tell me he wasn't legally single yet.

We exchanged phone numbers, and I kissed him before I left. He wasn't a great kisser, though. He kinda rushed in with his tongue, and I like to start a little slower with just closed mouth kisses. I tried to lead by example, but it wasn't working.

Lance called me last night, and told me he'd like to see me again. :-) He also said he would have to be careful about seeing me because of the impending divorce. I told him again that I understood and wouldn't mind if he wanted to wait until it was final. Well...it turns out he hasn't exactly even filed yet! I started asking questions, and it also turns out he still lives with his wife and she doesn't know she's a soon-to-be-ex! WHOA!!!

I told him I don't want to be part of a domestic dispute. I like my life simple, and when (if?) he gets a divorce, he can call me up then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a frog, he lies like a frog and , ooohh , tonguey kisses with your clothes still on, He's a toad!

Vetmommy said...

Oh my God, that comment is so funny, I am DYING here, laughing and coughing!

Good for you, Em Em, putting your foot down. Didn't you tell me you were done with cowboys, anyway?

Unknown said...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDY! That is hillarious! Needed that laugh!

As for the guy...Slimeball! Repulsive! ICK! TURKEYWAD! YUCK.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is .......... I LOVE MY FAMILY because after all .......... " We Are Family " as the song goes ......... M P.S. He definitely is a FROG.