Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Tonight...the Second Match



Some of my friends and family have asked me "any news from the Matchmaker?" After the last disaster, when I provided copious feedback and expressed my incredible disappointment, I knew it might be awhile before they matched me with another. Not because I came off as difficult, but because they didn't want to make that big of a mistake again. Plus, they told me many of their customers go "on hold" during the summer months when they are travelling. I assured them I'd rather wait for a good one then be matched with someone just for the sake of a match.

So it's with some amount of trepidation that I go to meet match #2 tonight. Our one brief phone conversation was a bit awkward (did I wake him (in the middle of the afternoon)? catch him unawares? did he forget he signed up with this service?) He picked the bar we are meeting at tonight, so I don't even know what to expect. We'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh,Emily,I am all agog to know how you get/got on...can you describe him tomorrow (greyish/blondish hair).. older..remember? nice natured sort of bloke..A.Norma.x