Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn is in the Air

It seems like overnight it has become fall, my favorite time of year. As I walk through City Hall Park in the mornings on my way to the subway, I can feel a crispness in the air. The leaves haven't started to turn yet, but already people can be seen in jackets and colorful scarves.

It was a beautiful weekend weather-wise. I volunteered with the Hudson River Park and found myself weeding and pruning along my favorite waterway. I signed up for the volunteer activity through New York Cares, the volunteer clearinghouse of opportunities, and didn't realize I was committing to a multi-week project. But I enjoyed it, so it's not an issue. Plus, the coordinator said I can miss a day if I'm travelling or otherwise occupied.

I'm very excited that my sister Jenn is coming to visit in a few weeks! I don't know which is more exciting: that she's coming to visit me for the first time in NYC or that she's coming alone, sans kids and husband. (Of course, the kids and husband aren't thrilled to be missing out on the trip.) I'm already making plans and getting tickets and reservations...it will be great to share it all with her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too about Jenn's visit. I didn't know she was going to NYC?

You two will have a terrif time together. It's always nice to show your big sis the ropes.

Grandadsays

Vetmommy said...

Start spreadin' the news....!

Anonymous said...

Delurking to exclaim, 'What a gorgeous profile pic!' Your readers already know what a fantastic personality your have, and this picture proves your outer beauty. You're making it difficult to believe that you don't have scores of suitors lined up at your door....of course, 'suitable suitors' are more likely the problem. Here's to hoping the lucky right guy shows up soon :)

Unknown said...

Oh I'm jealous that you are experiencing my favorite season already! Here we are getting a bit of a break from the heat, but that's a relative comment. Still mosquitoey and not at all "crisp" humph. Apples! Sweaters! Boots! Fall color. NYC. Awesome. I can almost smell the roasted chesnuts that are around the corner...

Anonymous said...

Well I am just posting to say that is a beautiful picture of you ,Emily,and of course to wish you and Jennifer a lovely time together..A.Norma.xxx