Thursday, April 10, 2008

Down Home Time



I was given the opportunity by my company to attend a management training conference in Dallas. It was held at the Gaylord Resort in Grapevine, a fabulous complex with a magnificent atrium.






While they kept me very busy with the conference and I was also stretched to keep up with project work back at the office, I did get to see some of my dearest friends. Daniel (my gay boyfriend!) came out to the resort for a drink and visit. And the next night, I was able to see my girlfriends at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, Mi Cocina.



After dinner, I went by the hospital where I used to volunteer. I had called ahead and learned the nurse I worked with, Lily, was working that night. She was completely surprised to see me! It was great. She let me hold two preemies and feed them. I stayed for a couple hours, loving on these little ones and visiting with Lily.

I went back to the hotel exhausted but with a full heart. It was great touching base with these people I love so dearly.

3 comments:

get2eric said...

Great. What did you learn at the conference?

Vetmommy said...

Sounds like a great time in Big D.

paula said...

how fab is that! So glad you had a grea time, really happy for you.