Wednesday, May 02, 2007

If you could be someone else for a day or a lifetime...

...who would you be?

This was how we opened up a recent client meeting to "break the ice." Some people said a superhero, others said a writer or a sports hero.

If I had it to do over again, I'd be a doctor.

At the time (early twenties), I didn't think I had what it takes. The many hours of studying (which I witnessed firsthand in my sister, Vetmommy), the long hours of rounds...but now I know, if you are determined and put your mind to it, you can do almost anything.

So, readers and lurkers, who (or what) would you be?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would be a radiologist. That way, I could keep my favorite job -- mom at home -- and still help people by analyzing their images via computer.

I'd also like to be a travel writer. Focusing on spas across Europe! One can dream, right? ;)

Vetmommy said...

How interesting that you guys would both go medical. I think I'd pick the same thing again - either a veterinary or medical doctor. Nothing else seems important enough - important enough to dedicate your life to, to spend time away from your family, or as important to the patients - they really need you, and they need you to be your best.

If I could be something else, maybe a chef? But, its so demanding, so much pressure, and the hours totally suck. I much prefer to be my family's personal chef, as an avocation. Travel writing would be great. I was rereading my stuff from our last European trip, and it is so easy to be inspired to write when so much new stuff is happening all around you.

Anonymous said...

I think I would love to be a musician - cello, violin, piano. Of course, I would need talent (talk about dreaming) but I think it would be lovely to bring joy to others through music.
Love, M

Unknown said...

Someone who knows what she's doing...