Friday, May 25, 2007

The Big Apple for the Big Birthday

So, I'm in NYC for my birthday (yesterday) and a couple extra days. I'm imagining what it might be like to live here, and I spent most of today wandering around different neighborhoods, including the Upper West Side, Soho and Chinatown. I brought comfortable - although not great support - shoes, but my feet are killing me from all the walking.

Ok, so I wouldn't LIVE in Chinatown, but it's such a sight, I had to see it. I took a few pictures, which I'll post separately. The only thing I bought (other than a vegetarian lunch) was 2 pounds of sugar snap peas for $1!

Tonight, I'm having dinner with a new friend and his wife and kids in Brooklyn. Tomorrow, I'm planning on a bit more wandering and then my flight back to Dallas.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I got very touching cards from my grandma and aunt, and three calls singing me happy birthday from my nieces and nephews and parents. I feel very blessed and loved.

2 comments:

get2eric said...

Brooklyn? How did dinner go?

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a very happy birthday and a great time XXX