Friday, April 13, 2007

Adjusting to Singledom Again

I read a fluffy non-fiction book recently on a plane called Spinster Sisters. (You can probably tell by the title why it appealed to me!)

I particularly related to this passage, where one sister is being supportive of the other who recently broke up with her boyfriend:

"I'm proud of you."
"You know, I'm kind of proud of myself."
Not to mention sad, and f**king terrified, and more than a little lonesome. But, you know, in a proud way.

That's exactly how I feel. It's been nice to have my landlady/coworker/roommate this past week. I'm anxious to get my stuff organized and set up, but it's been nice having company.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you read Little Lady Agency yet? I thought it was fluffy and funny, too.

Can we see pics of your new house some time? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?

Anonymous said...

Awww,Emily, you remind me of Martine (your cousin) she too has just broken up...but as she likes her own company is not too worried..she has applied to go to Madrid as an Au Pair to a lovely little girl Inez....I do hope she decides on that as they seem a lovely Family...you too will meet someone else more suited to you ...just sit back and let it happen...ok? xxx

Unknown said...

Tell Martine to come to Houston, Auntie Norma...she could be MY au pair if Madrid doesn't work out! My husband dreams of having a British baby-care-taker...we have friends who have one and they get the biggest kick out of their kids occassional accent and use of words like "trousers" instead of pants.

Vetmommy said...

I remember how lovely Martine was once when I visited about 13 years ago. We would all love to see her state-side! Good idea, Steph!

Remember how much we all love you, Emily. My kids talk about you all the time.

Anonymous said...

Stepanie...I want to e mail you...can you send me your e mail address,please...I have Emilys' and Jennifers so I don;'t know why not yours....Martine is interested so I need to talk to you by e mail...Emily..Martine reminds me so much of you in looks too...and it would be great for her to meet you all once more...she is 21 turned now though :o)and loves Children...she is at University studying Media and advertising...

lolly said...

I may have to find and read this book!