Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My New Teeth

Well, I survived 2 hours and 45 minutes at the dentist this morning. My face was all puffed up and I was numb from my cheekbone to my nose and down to my chin for several hours, but I have minimal pain now. The temporary crowns look good, and he also fixed a chip in another tooth and a small cavity in another.

I went into work afterwards, but since I looked like I had suffered a stroke (the left half of my face was just not responding), it was difficult for anyone to look at me and hear what I was saying. Besides, I didn't feel so great, so I took my laptop home and am now sitting on the couch working, looking out the window at a beautiful sunny day and having my snuggly Sabrina beside me. And Steve brought me some beautiful flowers that are brightening up the room.

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

WOW I'll bet your jaw is sore after a long visit like that. Nice touch with the flowers.

Anonymous said...

wow..that's a mighty long time,Emily...hope you feel better soon. :o)

Unknown said...

Ouch ouch ouch. I hate dental work, and I am completely having sympathy pain for you just reading about this. Sorry Em! Glad it's in the rear-view mirror...

Unknown said...

Yeouch. Hope you're feeling better now.