Monday, October 16, 2006

Happy Monday

I called my mom this morning to wish her a happy birthday. She and my dad are in Niagra Falls, and she sounded so happy. She had told my dad she wanted to go to either Niagra or the Grand Canyon, and about a month ago, it didn't look like either one was going to work out. Fortunately, it did, and they are enjoying the Falls and their time together.

Birthdays are a great time to reflect how much someone means to you. My mom is such a special person to her family and friends. She's an organizer, from making lists to getting people together. She's incredibly loyal to her family. Her sweet demeanor and polished appearance hide a lioness ready to protect those she loves. She's an incredibly hard worker. I've seen her not only at home but also in an office situation, and she's well respected for her diligence and persistence.

And she's a Baby Boomer. She was conceived after her dad came home from WWII, and I think they must have been delighted with this petite, darling, blonde-haired, blue-eyed baby girl after their firstborn was a beautiful son. Now, she definitely fits the description of Boomers that state "60 is the new 40."

Happy Birthday, Momma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Steve

Anonymous said...

...That's a fine tribute,Emily.xxx

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you, Emily, that is a wonderful tribute! I like thinking the new phrase "60 is the new 40" too!

Love you, M