Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Overkill

So I've been having this pain in the middle of my foot for the past six months (I guess I have a pretty good tolerance for pain), and it's been getting worse. I decided to finally talk to my doctor about it and see if we can fix it.

She said it might be a stress fracture and sent me to the adjacent hospital for an x-ray.

I took my one-page request form from her office down to the hospital, where I was interviewed by an intake associate and asked questions such as:
Do you have an advance directive?
What is your religious preference, or do you prefer not to answer?
Point of contact in case of emergency?

This is just for a simple x-ray of my foot!

Yes, she nodded, while continuing with her procedures.

I even had to wear a hospital bracelet with my name!

(The x-ray technician let me view the pictures. I didn't see any obvious fractures.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I hate to rant on your blog, but, ME TOO! I have had this pain in my left leg for months and it has now gone as far as my foot. I find that only French wine can fix it! Honest. I just rub it with Froggie Red and .Baboom!! It pisadears...No kidding.

Sorry about your hurt. Hope you find the cause and fix it fast.

paula said...

I think the world has gone mad Em. So do you have any idea what caused the pain?

Uncle Eric, you need help .... quickly. XX

Vetmommy said...

You'd be amazed how quickly Xrays happen at my clinic.... no red tape!

Anonymous said...

There ya go then ,Em...go to the Vets. next time...