Monday, August 14, 2006

An Impromptu Visit


Colin, Aug2006
Originally uploaded by Gem-Em.
When I was able to catch an earlier flight back to Dallas from North Carolina, I called Anthony to see if it was okay if I drove down for the weekend. He said sure, so several hours later, I was pulling up to their house. It's funny how Anna and Colin differ in their reaction to my arrival. Anna runs up smiling and giggling, and Colin runs inside to hide. It's almost as if he's overwhelmed by the excitement.

His potty-training is going very well. No one had any accidents all weekend. He has a difficult time getting his pants back on after a visit to the loo. He just avoids putting anything back on altogether!

So after his morning wee, he came and snuggled with me on the couch. I "flew" him up in the air. His little body is so perfect and smooth. I was extra lucky on Sunday morning when he awoke WAY TOO EARLY and came to sleep with me for the last 90 minutes or so. He snuggled up against me and pushed his feet onto my leg. It was so sweet.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

We REALLY enjoyed this visit from you. I was so glad that Colin fell back asleep with you - how sweet! You even brought wine, helped with the dishes, and bought us dinner. Please, come again anytime!!!!

paula said...

That is such a cute picture!! Really lovely that you got to visit!