Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The reason I haven't posted in awhile...

...is because I've been "worshipping the porcelain" -- very ill for the past two days. The doctor says several viruses have been going around with my symptoms, so I don't really know if it was food poisoning or a virus. Either way, I'm happy to be on the mend.

The only really nice part about being sick was how wonderful Steve was. He brought me a baked potato and cottage cheese (he had to make two separate stops for that) on Sunday, and on Monday, he picked up my prescription and brought it to me over his lunch hour. The worst part of living alone is when you're sick and don't even want to go to the grocery store or pharmacy. Steve was such a life-saver. Plus, he told me today I didn't even look bad as a sick person.

Tomorrow I leave for England!!! I don't know which is more exciting: being away from my demanding job for a week or seeing all my loved ones and travelling through the beautiful countryside of England. I'll try to write from the road as much as I can.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless your cotton socks, but what a hero Steve is!!! At least you should be better for your trip over here to England, but I bet you and Steve will be pining for each other while you're away. XX

Unknown said...

Bon voyage, Em Em. I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. Coat that tummy of yours with plenty of clotted cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Anonymous said...

...oh,bring Steve over here,Emily! but leave your Virus at home! we have loads of our own little devils :o)..hopefully then we will see you before I go into Hospital on Thursday 15th/16th November..xxx

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip,Em!

Say hello to everyone...that I've come to know over this blogging business!

Love ya much,
Bevie

Unknown said...

Ooh! Have a GREAT time! :)

Unknown said...

I know you are across the pond...but I miss you updating your blog. Hope you are having a great time (eating lots of chocolate covered biscuits, drinking tea, etc) and look forward to your return.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm jealous. You gave me WAY too much in this post to be green over. :)

Not the sick part. I've got that one covered myself!