Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Good Times

Steve and I had such a great weekend last weekend. It began early with my company's Halloween carnival. Steve attended and got to meet several of my coworkers. On Friday, we both took off work for the afternoon and drove to Waco. He met my grandma and great aunt Sudie, my aunt Cinda and her kids, Robert and Beverly. We taught him to play the domino game chicken foot, and we all had fun.

Robert's basketball team was playing a game in Waco that evening, and it was really exciting to watch! Unfortunately, they lost by 5 points. I really enjoyed Bevie's cheering and heckling of the players and referees. I wish we all lived closer so I could see more games.

On Saturday, Steve took me to a mountain biking trail not far from my house that I was unaware of. We had a brisk 5-mile ride through the woods. It was beautiful with the leaves turning fall colors. He gave me his "old" heart monitor because he got a new one from his boss. (I put old in quotes because it's only a few months old.) So, throughout the ride, he would ask if I was ok and what my heart rate was.

Later, I cooked him dinner and then we went to a costume party at a local club. I resurrected my Marilyn Monroe costume and won 3rd place ($50 gift certificate)! Steve was proud of me but thought I deserved 1st or 2nd.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your heart rate is doing fine. :)

nolatravelgirl said...

Love halloween. Sounds like you had a good time!

Vetmommy said...

Good for you doing a long bike ride! You'll be ready for the Danskin Triathlon at this rate! PS I really like that you guys are doing physically active things like this, very "healthy" relationship!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jenn, staying "physically active" is very important for a healthy relationship (serious face, honest!) XX

Anonymous said...

Sorry about my "heckling" I can't help not to get involved in a game...and point out the errors the reffs make.....probably should stop before I get kicked out of a game!

I enjoyed our visit,Em. Steve didn't miss a beat in the game of dominoes...as he won the first three or four(can't remember) rounds of chicken-foot.

Have a great day!

Love-Bevie