Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Catch-Up Post

I know, I know...sorry for my absence from the blogosphere. I've been keeping busy, both at work and personally, and I've also been avoiding a few blog stalkers. But as commenters may have noticed, I'm now moderating comments, and I've taken other steps to protect myself as well.

So what have I been up to? Let me start with last weekend...

I had a date on Friday night with a really cute, young guy who makes me laugh and is very affectionate. We even had a sleepover! (Relax, it's my 7-year-old nephew Colin.) His older sister Anna had gotten to spend a one-on-one evening with me a few weeks ago, and last weekend it was "finally" Colin's turn. We had a nice evening, and I enjoyed the way he talks and phrases things. He asked me lots of questions he'd never asked before, such as "What do you do for work?" And he bragged about his dad to me, almost as if I didn't already know him, and told me all the things his dad could do!

On Saturday, I spent most of my day with Colin, Anna and Jenn, and on Sunday morning, we four competed in an Adventure Race! Anna & I were a team -- Furry Friends -- and Jenn & Colin were the Star-Wars-themed Bounty Hunters. The race encourages participants to wear costumes, and in my opinion, Anna and I had some of the most practical costumes for the event. (Many people just wear them for the costume contest at the beginning and don't wear the costumes throughout.) Anna and I agreed to dress as kitty cats. I shopped around and found some cute lycra tops in a black-and-white stripe, waterproof ears and tails that we wore with black bike shorts. Oh, and then there was the waterproof makeup for our noses and whiskers!




We had a blast, and Anna enjoyed "meowing" at the spectators and race volunteers. And I was pleased that I had trained enough to more than keep up with Anna -- she admitted I was dragging her through portions of the run and hike.

And later on Sunday, Jenn and I attended our weekly Bollywood dance class! It was a fun and love-filled weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew,welcome back,Emily! you were missed!! I understand now why you were absent and hope you weren't too bothered with silly people..I did manage to get onto Jennifer's Blog which was good :)


A.Norma.xx

Anonymous said...

You and Anna look adorable. You are such a fun aunt! Glad you're back. Your bloggy fans (not of the stalker variety) missed you:)

heavenisabookstore said...

Those are some of my favorites times, those spent with my niece. I get her once a week and we may only have one evening together, but we make the most of it. She is such a wonderful gift.

Emily said...

Auntie Norma: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed Jenn's blog.

Anonymous: Thank you. We enjoyed the race and our costumes.

Heavenisabookstore: Yes, they are wonderful gifts. I am so glad to be closer to them to be a more regular part of their lives.

Small Town Girl said...

Hey Em.... I am an Indian and so you can imagine I know all about Bollywood :)
What songs are you learning to dance bollywood on ? I am most intrigued as you can imagine ;)