Monday, November 16, 2009

Loss

Yesterday, I learned that my friend, voice teacher, choir director passed away. As I mentioned before, he was in hospice care after a long battle with leukemia. So even though it was expected, it still hit hard. He was an incredible musician, and I feel fortunate to have gotten to learn from him even for just a couple years.

Green-Eyed Dutchman called this weekend, and we had a good conversation. Maybe there will always be a bond between us.

And GED just called me today to let me know a good friend of his -- someone I met when I first met him back in Dallas all those years ago -- died. He had diabetes and had multiple complications from it, including having his legs amputated. But he was in his early forties. He was such a happy, sweet guy. I always thought I would see him again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry Em.

jman said...

Condolences. Let's hope that is it for the stomach punches for a good long while.

Vetmommy said...

So sorry Em. I know you'll be glad when 2009 is over, and you'll be in Austin soon.

Anonymous said...

...and back among your loved ones!
Love you, M