Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A Day in the French Countryside

(Well, maybe that's stretching it a bit. We were in a Parisian suburb, though.)

Irish Parisienne got an invitation to a friend's for lunch on Sunday, and they graciously extended the offer to me as well. Her friend is an Irish artist who married a French woman. They were absolutely lovely. She made a fantastic feast for us -- vegetarian in respect for I.P. -- and I was surprised by all the courses! First, there was miso soup, followed by roast vegetables and a stew made with eggplant, tomatoes and chick peas. I thought this was it and was completely satisfied. Then she brought out salad and cheeses (blue and brie), and finally an apple dessert made with hazelnut flour with coffee and tea. It was all so delicious, but I didn't have to eat again for the rest of the day!

After the meal, I took a walk with the two Irish, and we saw this beautiful chateau:


The time is flying by too quickly.

3 comments:

get2eric said...

Nice pic. Glad you're having a good time.

jman said...

Am envious that you're still there and I am not, but am glad you are having a merveilleux time. Bonne annee EJ.

Vetmommy said...

I am jealous of all the food!