Monday, November 29, 2010

Music - Our gift to Sudie

When my sisters and I were asked to sing at Sudie's memorial, we all wanted to do our best to honor her, but we were nervous that we hadn't sung together in many years and that you can't sing properly if you're crying. Fortunately, our previous singing came back to us, and we were able to keep the tears at bay long enough for the two songs, one at the church service and one at the gravesite. I asked my dad to record them if he could do so unobtrusively.

If you'd like to hear the songs, you can find them on my dad's blog. (Sorry, I'm too tired to figure out how to embed them here and must pack for a trip tomorrow.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched and listened to you on your Dad's blog,Emily,and how the heck you did it I'll never know..I couldn't have sung like that in the circumstances and the three of you looked so cherubic stood there like the three little Girls that used to sing at our house.You did well and I sat listening to you and was enthralled..perfect harmony,perfect respect.Just lovely. xx

Aunty Norma.xx

jman said...

Lovely harmonies,lovely tribute,lovely solo, lovely dress,lovely Emily Jane.