Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Apologies

I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately -- apologizing -- I'm just stretched too thin.

It's not that I've abandoned my blog or am too depressed to write. I'm just overworked, and since I work online, specifically with social media, the last thing I want to do when I'm done after an especially long day is get on the computer at home and blog.

I do have random thoughts of brilliant blog posts at times when I don't have computer access...like while I'm on a plane or in a bathtub...but then I land and rush off to a meeting or get out of the tub and crash into a deep sleep.

So, apologies for ignoring you, dear readers. I am grateful that you read and comment.

This month, I have a total of five trips for work before Thanksgiving. And in between, I'm still expected to keep up with an abundance of email and other work deliverables. Some of that is getting done. Some of it is barely getting done, and I'm sure I've forgotten things that I'm supposed to be doing. It's nice to feel needed, but I have a difficult time saying "no" to colleagues I like and respect. I also want to do a good job on things. But lately, it's not my best work. [sigh]

I'm still struggling with the concept of balance. I know it's impossible all the time, but I also know I need to firmly stick to my boundaries and take care of myself.

4 comments:

jman said...

The important thing is setting priorities. Number one is me of course. Number 2 is everyone else in whatever order you care to rank them. Number 3 is your job. Ok now that we've settled that, you can relax and remember what (or who) is really important. Sorry to read things are so overwhelming at the moment. At least after Thanksgiving you can look forward to the Christmas frenzy to really kick back with. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Emily,we are all so glad of just 'crumbs' that you can give :) and I just have to say that it's lovely seeing Jman back as it makes things more normal doesn't it? So stop rushing around,Em.,and just blog us when you can. :)


Aunty Norma.x (is Sudie alright?)

Emily said...

Jman: LOL! Thanks for helping me get my priorities straight.

A. Norma: love you! Sudie is with the angels. She passed on Monday. I'm working on a tribute post. Funeral is on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Aww,Em. I gathered that from Stephs. blog..what a wonderful lady she was and my Sympathy is for you all..she was loved. :)


A.Norma.x