Monday, October 18, 2010

Making a Difference

This past weekend I was at part two of Discovery, which I wrote about a month ago (What a difference 3 days makes). My heart is so full of love, and I have an amazing group of friends from my class.

Our class motto is "we play hard," and boy, did we! On Saturday, we had a dance and costume party. As you may know if you've been reading for awhile, I LOVE costumes and Halloween! I think it's because I loved dress-up as a child, and now, as an adult, I can really indulge myself and go all out on my costume. I decided to do Lady Gaga, and let me just say, I didn't hold anything back! I got the blonde wig, the sequined dress, the fishnet stockings, the ultra-pink lipstick, silver eyeshadow, and outrageous eyelashes with rhinestones. Several of my friends didn't recognize me! I loved it. (I don't have pictures yet but will share when I do!)

I was worn out today and was wishing I had taken the day off or could call in sick, but I got up and went to work. I'm so glad I did... You know how it's said everything happens for a reason? I needed to be there today. Someone at work needed me, and I was able to be there for her and share some of the lessons I just learned. It was an amazing day for me because I feel like I really made a difference. It doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a Happy,Happy posting,Em.:)
Keep reading the Book it really does work.xx

A.Norma.

jman said...

You always make a difference. Even when you are wearing your poker face.