Friday, April 16, 2010

Wanna be Friends?

Yes, my dating life is so boring (non-existent) at the moment, the best I can do is Facebook spam. (Or is it spam?)

After the last one, I was pleasantly surprised to at least look at this one. I got a "Friend Request" from this guy:
From what I can see before we're officially Facebook friends, he's single, lives in Dallas, claims to be 34 (although he doesn't look older than 25 to me), and went to the high school I graduated from and apparently graduated the same year as I did although I am older than 34. (Doogie Houser?) His favorite music is listed as Rock and Roll and Frank Sinatra, and his favorite books? "Anything by Nicholas Sparks." If that wasn't suspicious enough, his description says "challenging but 'rewarding' like me." Sounds like a description on a dating site for what you're looking for, not a profile description on yourself.

It would be nice if this wasn't spam, although Dallas isn't very convenient for me anymore. What do you think? Should I friend him?

8 comments:

Admin said...

i would say, if you can, check out his profile before you accept his request. If you can see his pictures, thats the first tell tale sign of a profile being legit, the pictures. if they only have 1-3 pics of themselves, probably fake. Also, even if they have a lot of pics, but they all look professional, or headshoty this could still lean toward appearing fake. Another thing to look at is any website links the have posted in their info tab, if any of the sites seems like a site that would want you as a user, then they are probably making money off that site, for referrals. So they are probably spam friending to get traffic. Hope this helps, and you can friend me on facebook if you like haha, no pressure though *wink*

Shimmed said...

"Church Victor" might be creepy, but at least he's real. :)

jman said...

If you have to ask, I say no. What is the point?

Vetmommy said...

Can you send him a message? Ask how he knows you. I agree, totally fishy.

Anonymous said...

He looks very young...hmmm,cannot make my mind up,Em. go with your feelings then your Heart..

A.Norma.xx

Anonymous said...

If the friend request already shows you that there are lies (age/graduation)--delete, delete, delete.

Emily said...

Jason: Yeah, I tried that first thing. There are limited things I can view without friending him.

Shimmed: You're kidding, right? That one was even more suspect.

jman: I was joking. Mostly.

Vetmommy: I suppose I could, but I think I would remember him!

Aunty Norma: Good advice!

Anonymous: I agree. Just thought it was entertaining!

Admin said...

i usually friend them, then unfriend them if they seem all shady even after i see everything