Monday, May 05, 2008

NY con mi amigo Daniel



I had so much (too much?) fun with Daniel this past weekend. It was great having him here and showing him around, but I really felt my age (12 years older than him)! I'm exhausted, but happy.

He arrived on Friday just as I was finishing up work. We took the subway down to my apartment to drop off his stuff, and he remarked how impressed he was that I've figured out all the underground transportation. He also said many times that he personally just could not NOT have a car. (He loves cars.)

We were out late on Friday, visiting many different fun, happening places. Saturday was a bit rainy, but we went up to Central Park and later had dinner at this Italian restaurant that had been recommended to me. The food was great, but as your typical NY restaurant, it was a small place (long wait time), and the wait staff was pretty snobby!

Yesterday, our choir performed at church. I was really pleased with our performance. I still get a bit nervous just before the service starts, and I'm still a bit surprised I'm now singing soprano, and regularly hitting F's. There were 6 of us -- 2 sopranos, 2 altos and 2 men. And the harmonies are really coming together.

After church, Daniel and I went to the Statue of Liberty. It turned out to be a gorgeous day, and we took many pictures.

[Added later]
Quote from this weekend:
Daniel: There are a lot of BEAUTIFUL people in New York. And there are a lot of ugly people.
Me: We've got something for everyone!

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Looks and sounds like a fine time!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Daniel is a nice kid.

Unknown said...

aw, that is neat. You guys both look like you are having a great time. Big grins.

Anonymous said...

wow it was the best weekend with you my girl !!!! now i miss u and think about u alot!! thanks for everything Emily,and just remember we are very special !!!!! i love u with all my heart!!