Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Puffy Coat Day


It's snowing! It's snowing!

I am one of the few people in my office excited to see the white stuff starting to accumulate outside. Just got back last night from a lovely warm weekend in Houston, where I was the recipient of many hugs and kisses from my family. I neglected to bring my camera to work today, so I will have to post pictures tomorrow.

It was great to see familiar faces and to get so many hugs and kisses, especially from the little people! Paige and Graham, my 4-year-old niece and nephew twins, flanked me most meals, and I often had one of their precious hands in mine as we walked along. The newest member to my sister Steph's family, Evelyn, is as lovely as her name. She is a sweet baby with smiles that light up the room and a belly laugh that we all try to induce as often as possible.

I've been neglecting my blog a bit of late. Partially, this was due to a rebellious nature in me. After posting nearly daily for a couple weeks and receiving hardly any comments, I decided to stay quieter. (I live for comments!) However, it was also partially due to a saddened state brought on by homesickness and unending gray weather. For now, at least, I am rejuvenated by my family and enthralled by the beauty of the snow. And I got to break out my "puffy coat," aptly named for its appearance and warmly stuffed with down. It's so comfortable and warm, it feels like I'm wearing a sleeping bag.

9 comments:

mainlyclearskies said...

Glad you got to spend some quality time with the family! And break out the puffy coat.

Anonymous said...

Great snow pic! I am assuming you took that with your phone?

It was lovely seeing you this past weekend and hearing your wonderful laugh! See you again soon at the family reunion in March.
Love you, M

Emily said...

No, found the picture online! :-)

Unknown said...

We miss you already, or so says Graham. Then Paige says, "Grahyam, you can't miss her already she just left" but he stands firm. I thought something we'll have to do next time you come -- there is a mexican food dive I go out of my way to eat at with an amazing salsa bar...next time...

get2eric said...

Know what you mean about comments, me too.
We loved the little time you spent with us. Maybe next time you will stay in our little house?
NYC looks cold.
Maybe if your security thingy wasn't so hard to copy you would get more comments. zunapep
Nope, it didn't like that. Let me try the next one.......fcanrdmw

This is Me. said...

I just came across your blog recently....I hear you on the way family can brighten things up a bit. Try and stay warm - I hear New York has some crazy weather!

This is Me. said...

I just came across your blog recently....I hear you on the way family can brighten things up a bit. Try and stay warm - I hear New York has some crazy weather!

peevish said...

I love reading about your adventures. Don't give up the blog!

paula said...

Well you know that I am really cacky at posting comments, I love reading about your antics etc., and will try harder to leave more comments. Hang on, though Uncle Eric has got a point what the hell is going on with your security code ...? rbohhbbfffddssdsds aaaaagh!!!!