Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Travelling Again

Today I'm in Indianapolis. My coworkers and I arrived yesterday evening, in time for a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House and several hours for reviewing our presentation for today. I've never eaten at a Ruth's. It was delicious. I had a petite filet, and we split potatoes au gratin and sauteed spinach. Oh, and there was dessert. I had an upsidedown chocolate souffle. Mmm.

We're staying at the Westin, which is one of my favorites. They boast the "Heavenly Bed" and the "Heavenly Bath." I'm sitting here blogging in the Heavenly Robe. I feel so ethereal.

I'll be home again late Thursday, and Saturday, Steve and I will drive down to Austin for my niece Anna's 5th birthday celebration. I can't believe she's FIVE! (Today, actually.) In addition to all the excitement and activity for Anna, Steve will get to meet my sister, bro-in-law and parents for the first time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Building up the miles again heh?
Busy week for you with all the travel and Anna's celebration. To say nowt of the work!

Unknown said...

Mmm...a petit filet sounds very nice. So does the Heavenly bed, and just a reminder, our guest bed has been called lots of similar things -- has even induced mommy and daddy to sleep in some...so please let me know what flights to book for your trip. That's assuming Steve hasn't had enough of this meet the family stuff yet!

Vetmommy said...

Does the heavenly bed make it easier to sleep even though you're not in your own bed?

Anonymous said...

hahaha what a lovely name for a bed,Em...I imagine it's a downy,feather- filled bed all fluffy and cosy mmmm?xx Have a lovely time at the party..

Unknown said...

I hope your Meet The Family is considerably more successful than mine!

Sounds like you're having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the guest bed at edamamemmmy's house is HEAVENLY..along with the sweet lovings you get from the kiddos and generous hospitality...a trip is required, Emily!!!!

XOXOXOXO!

Anonymous said...

whooopsss missed the "o" in EDAMAMEMOMMY..........