Thursday, February 22, 2007

Rejuvenation

Today began my rejuvenation process. I awoke to little voices, got some hugs before they left for school, took a walk with the dog, then drove to Jenn's veterinary clinic. I got to watch a couple of minor procedures, and then we had lunch. In the afternoon, I had a manicure and pedicure at a spa Jenn recommended.

While a manicure and pedicure are normal routine for some, I can count on one hand how many times I've had either. I haven't always had good nails, due to a irresistible habit of picking at them, and my toenails aren't the type that will be featured in fashion magazines. But, I thought it would be good for relaxation.

I realized as I was there, having someone else very carefully taking care of me, that I have a difficult time letting someone else do things for me. It's one thing if I'm paying them (like today), but I even feel guilty when Steve does something for me/us. I have this overwhelming feeling of responsibility. I think this is something I need to let go of.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good! Well, except the carrying the almost-four-year-old part. Too big, but I'm sure he's full of boy lovins.

As for the not letting go enough to let others do for you: well, I think it is in our nature. We are doers. Sometimes that isn't so bad. Gets you what you want if you just forge on. Sometimes it is a little self destructive.

I walked into a chair in my bathroom and popped the toenail right off my ringman toe, so I am not eager for anyone to see my feet, and there's nothing there to paint or clip on that one toe. Guess I'm glad this happened in Feb not June...

Unknown said...

I've only had one manicure and that's because I live in a country which doesn't seem to understand them, so I indulged whilst in NYC! And yes, they're fab for relaxation. How about you use a regular manicure as a technique to teach you to let go... ;)