Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Nothing Left

Sorry my blog has been "anemic." I'm burned out, worn out, fed up, tuckered out. An incredibly hectic workload has just left me with no energy or creativity.

As one of my friends reminded me, if you're in an airplane, and the oxygen masks drop from the ceiling compartment, you have to put one on yourself first before helping others. If you don't take care of yourself, you'll have nothing to give to others.

So, I've taken a few days off from work and come to my big sis, Jenn. I've already gotten lots of hugs and lovings from Anna and Colin, and we just got back from a walk around the neighborhood and to the park where I got the honor of carrying Colin. :-)

6 comments:

Vetmommy said...

We all LOVE having Auntie Emily here! Especially 42 lb Colin!

Anonymous said...

I know I was part of wearing out Emily, with my mysterious illness.

Have a great time in Austin with your family.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh,Hiya,Steve...I said to Em on Jennifers Blog I hope you have improved (healthwise) bet you're missing my little love,huh? xx

Anonymous said...

...of course by "my little love" I mean our Emily...!!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I sure do miss her but I also understand she needs some time of her own to recharge the batteries.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..don't we all,Steve! :o)