Friday, July 18, 2008

Nantucket

Ah, Nantucket. What a lovely little island. It's nicknamed "The Grey Lady" because of the weathered wood shingles on most buildings and for the frequent fog. Everything there moves at a much slower pace (especially compared to NYC), and it took me awhile to slow down.


Steph took me to a fancy party on Saturday night. The view was spectacular, and the food and music weren't bad either!







I enjoyed the cooler weather, the refreshingly cold water, and especially playing with my nieces and nephews. Paige was particularly attached to me this visit, and I just loved it. I got lots of snuggles.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah pics! We had a great time with you, Em!!!!!!

get2eric said...

I'm so glad we got to see Nantucket.
Too bad we were not there together. Although we saw you at the airport it woulda been nice to share all the lovely times we had with you too.

You would have loved Nicole.

Have you ever seen so many shells on a beach before?

Vetmommy said...

We got your postcard. Wish we could have been there too.

ColeBugsmommy said...

What an amazing summer you are having!